I love journaling. Writing down my thoughts, feelings - good, bad or indifferent - helps me work through the challenges I face. Blogging seems to be a natural progression for me from journaling. Why? Mainly, because I want to share with the others the journey I'm on.
It all began in what seems like an eternity ago, January 2013. Everyone was home from school for the holidays. The house was full of joy and laughter. I love when all the kids are home! Danny was staying with Jocelyn in Albany since he began attending Hudson County Community College. He wasn't ready for school and asked if he could withdraw. He did and began working in Albany, but in January decided to stay home and not to go back to Albany. He was going to take some time off from school, look for work and plan his future. Nothing went according to plans.
In what seemed like a normal day in January, Danny was asked to stop by the police station. I was told he might have some information regarding a crime that was committed in Mountaindale. Little did I know, he was going to be interrogated and charged with several burglaries. Danny always had a good relationship with the police in our town. He even babysat for the police chief several years ago. Danny trusted the police and confessed to not only the burglary he was being interrogated on, but to others the police were not even aware of. He wanted to make it right.
Danny was arrested that night...the night the nightmare for me and my family began...

No comments:
Post a Comment